Announcement

GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? WE LIVE INSIDE A DREAM. GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? GOOGLE CHROME IS A BOTNET? NO MORE SPAM
FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT THE FORUMS ARE DEAD AND THAT THE LIFE OF THE PARTY CURRENTLY RESIDES IN #FAIL #EEFORUMSANARCHY #EEFORUMS #hi ON RIZON.

YO RIZON #HI
it's closing time you don't have to go home but you can't stay here

Advertisement

#1 2015-09-26 12:50:28

Bobithan
Actually Towwl
Fails: 17

Merge Suggestion

Let's try this out again. This time a bit more in depth. Here's my suggestion for the outline of a cleaner and more usable forum, for the small size. Listed below are all the current forums that would be merged into the new forum.

Meta:
A forum for discussing all things fail forum. Anything regarding the forum itself, be it suggestions, feedback, concerns, or announcements, would be located here. Announcements will be stickied for the time they are relevant.
Forum Announcements
Official Forum Stuff
Forum Discussion
The Stuff
An introductions thread

General:
A forum for discussing all things that don't have a forum specifically for them. This would contain both general chit chat and "serious" dicussion.
srs business
Off-Topic
Songs
TV
Music
Books
News
Computers
The Uber Kitchen

Things:
A place to share neat original content being made by a forumer or found somewhere by a forumer.
Creative

Fails:
The token central "fail forum". This is where users would share their personal "fails" or those made by others.
Fails
The Study
Wall of Fame
Corner of Shame

Games:
Not video games, forum games. Games you play on a forum. These can range from mindless funposting like count to 1,000,000 to more in-depth games like Mafia.
Forum Games

IRC:
An archival of sorts for all things #fail. Quotes and conversations would go here. Content originating from IRC would go here. Anything related to the #fail IRC network would go here.
Stuff Discussion

Archive:
Topics from dead and irrelevant subforums of ancient fail would be located here. Nobody would be allowed to post here.
Failémon

Graveyard:
Dead and irrelevant topics cluttering the tops of forums would be locked and moved here to keep the forums clean.
THE GRAVEYARD

To preserve Fail Stink Forum history, all merged threads should be tagged accordingly. Of course, some generalizations have been made regarding some forums as so many of these subforums are ridiculously vague, so some cleanup after the megamerge would be in order (I volunteer as tribute).

I feel like this is the first necessary step for making the fail forums at least a little bit more tolerable as a place to funpost. Though first, we need a consensus as it really shouldn't be just me making this decision and also I have no idea how to do something like this.

secretsaget.gif

Towel on IRC

#2 2015-09-30 15:14:04

skullz17
Guy
Fails: 15

Re: Merge Suggestion

but non-irc stuff are in stuff discussion as well

aTBdyqM.png?1

#3 2015-09-30 22:15:32

Different55
The Beanmaker
Fails: 0

skullz17 wrote:

but non-irc stuff are in stuff discussion as well

^This but that's pretty much my only problem with it. Maybe make a new forum specifically for IRC and toss the rest of Stuff Discussion into Meta.

Jet fuel can't make dank memes.

#4 2015-09-30 23:54:16

Onjit
Ultimate Victor
Fails: 9

do it

Want a prize? I have prize!

Donate me some fails and you get the prize!!!

#5 2015-10-04 09:30:38

Different55
The Beanmaker

With the start of this we should also start enforcing spam rules on the forums. Because we're getting overrun with nubcakes who think this is a spam forum, not a fail forum.

Or we could start enforcing them now.

Also, we're tagging each topic before merging forums? How about these for tags:

[ANNOUNCE] Forum Announcements
[OFFICIAL] Official Forum Stuff
[META] Forum Discussion
[STUFF] The Stuff
[INTRO] An introductions thread - Not sure about merging all intro topics into one. Lots of the intro thread times overlap and those topics will get kind of shuffled together.

[SRS] srs business
[OT] Off-Topic
[SONGS] Songs - Is MrSingSong still a part of ratbot? It might not appreciate this.
[TV] TV
[MUSIC] Music
[BOOK] Books
[NEWS] News
[COMPUTER] Computers
[FOOD] The Uber Kitchen

Creative - No merge, no tag.

[FAIL] Fails
[GUIDE] The Study
[FAME] Wall of Fame
[SHAME] Corner of Shame

Forum Games - No merge, no tag.

IRC - Split from Stuff Discussion

Failémon - No merge, no tag.

THE GRAVEYARD - No merge, no tag.

#6 2015-10-04 15:06:09

Bobithan
Actually Towwl
Fails: 17

Seems good to me for the most part. I'd say instead of [OT] it could just be [MISC], just to designate a thread that doesn't fit into the other tags, and to merge [SONGS] and [MUSIC] into just [MUSIC]. But yeah, I like that.

secretsaget.gif

Towel on IRC

#7 2015-10-07 13:53:21

skullz17
Guy
Fails: 15

But songs is for that bot that no one cares about, music is for music in general.

aTBdyqM.png?1

#8 2015-10-15 23:06:46

Different55
The Beanmaker

skullz17 wrote:

But songs is for that bot that no one cares about, music is for music in general.

Yeah that's why I was saying it might not appreciate its forum going up in smoke. I think maybe we either leave that one alone or murder singsong once and for all.

#9 2015-10-25 14:26:23

N1KF
REBORN CORPSE
Fails: 100,952

Different55 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

Yeah that's why I was saying it might not appreciate its forum going up in smoke. I think maybe we either leave that one alone or murder singsong once and for all.

what if there were one topic for the bot, with each post being song lyrics that automatically get added to the bot?

#10 2015-10-27 05:36:31

Onjit
Ultimate Victor
Fails: 9

or just kill singsong

Want a prize? I have prize!

Donate me some fails and you get the prize!!!

#11 2015-11-03 11:07:14

Different55
The Beanmaker

The plan is simple.

We kill the SingSong.

#12 2015-11-06 18:11:58

Ratburntro44
Fails: 100,950

I was going to kill singsong but people were like "no" so I didn't but tbh idgaf about singsong so that can easily be arranged

SEfX29x.png

#13 2015-11-06 22:25:05

Different55
The Beanmaker

So do we need to find one of those hitmen on the deep web or can you take care of it yourself?

#14 2015-11-06 22:29:10

N1KF
REBORN CORPSE
Fails: 100,952

Different55 wrote:

So do we need to find one of those hitmen on the deep web or can you take care of it yourself?

bimps has prior experience in that field

#15 2015-11-07 18:54:31

Different55
The Beanmaker

N1KF wrote:
Different55 wrote:

bimps has prior experience in that field

He's hired.

Board footer

Jump to

We use Fail. Fail uses FluxBB

[ Generated in 0.015 seconds, 41 queries executed - Memory usage: 829.33 KiB (Peak: 852.99 KiB) ]